By Joseph Migga Kizza (auth.), Joseph Migga Kizza (eds.)
Contemporary societies have expanding dependence on desktops and desktop networks, and the expanding approval for cellular computing, have given upward thrust to various computing device safety difficulties. but regardless of a excessive proliferation of professional treatments, a achievable and finished way to those safety matters is still elusive, and society keeps to undergo by the hands of cyber criminals, vandals and hackers.
This authoritative Guide to desktop community safeguard explores computing device community infrastructures and protocol layout safeguard flaws, and discusses present protection recommendations and top practices in either mounted and cellular machine networks. The ebook largely surveys thought-provoking defense matters, discussing and elevating questions about the impression of latest applied sciences and protocols (with specific emphasis at the speedy progress and skyrocketing pursuits and use in cellular technologies). It extra explores the protection threats and vulnerabilities within the present community infrastructure and protocols, and descriptions present defense efforts. The textual content assumes a modest familiarity with easy laptop programming and networking.
• Covers the very middle of community defense, and contains chapters concerning the very most recent in ‘handling failures’ and ‘security in cellular community systems’
• provides an in-depth dialogue of standardization, back informing the reader on present developments at the topic
• increases knowledge of the protection difficulties in our on-line world, and extra fairly, laptop community security
• Discusses desktop community infrastructure and protocol layout flaws and vulnerabilities
• Explores the position of laws and legislation enforcement in keeping computing device and computing device community security
• Proposes effective and greatly applicable strategies and most sensible practices to safety difficulties, and encourages readers to enquire different attainable solutions
• signals the reader to the daunting protection difficulties in more and more renowned cellular community systems
• comprises varieties of end-of-chapter routines: quick achievable questions, in addition to extra thought-provoking complicated exercises
• Devotes one whole bankruptcy to lab routines: weekly, semester assignments and difficult open-research projects
• Endeavours to take advantage of open resource software program instruments throughout
• offers help fabrics for academics and scholars corresponding to PowerPoint slides, syllabus feedback, strategies, teacher guide and pupil laboratory materials
This text/reference is a useful tutorial and study instrument for undergraduates in desktop and knowledge safety. it's also a wealthy source for practitioners, and pros seeking to achieve an knowing of computing device community infrastructure and knowledge community security.
Dr Joseph Migga Kizza has additionally written Computer community Security and Ethical and Social concerns within the details Age.
Key subject matters:
Computer and community Forensics
Network defense Protocols
Security in instant and Sensor Networks
Read Online or Download A Guide to Computer Network Security PDF
Similar computers books
A useful and finished source on desktop association and architectureTypically, teachers of machine association and structure classes have needed to hotel to a number of textbooks in addition to supplementary notes to supply scholars with sufficient studying fabric. basics of desktop association and structure presents a extra coherent method via overlaying all of the worthwhile themes in a single unmarried textbook, together with: * guideline set structure and layout * meeting language programming * computing device mathematics * Processing unit layout * reminiscence process layout * Input-output layout and association * Pipeline layout recommendations * decreased guide Set desktops (RISCs) * creation to multiprocessorsThis complete and didactic source offers an creation to desktops, together with historic history, to supply a context and framework for ideas and purposes constructed in next chapters; case examples of real-world desktops that light up key options and display useful purposes; and routines, summaries, references, and extra studying techniques on the finish of every bankruptcy.
The target of the workshops linked to the ER'99 18th overseas convention on Conceptual Modeling is to provide contributors entry to excessive point displays on really expert, sizzling, or rising clinical issues. 3 topics were chosen during this appreciate: — Evolution and alter in information administration (ECDM'99) facing han dling the evolution of information and knowledge constitution, — opposite Engineering in info platforms (REIS'99) aimed toward exploring the problems raised through legacy platforms, — the realm large internet and Conceptual Modehng (WWWCM'99) which ana lyzes the mutual contribution of WWW assets and methods with con ceptual modeling.
- Computer Simulations in Condensed Matter: Systems: From Materials to Chemical Biology. Volume 1
- Business Process Management: Second International Conference, BPM 2004, Potsdam, Germany, June 17-18, 2004. Proceedings
- Cyber Terrorism: Political and Economic Implications
- Handbook of Computer Vision and Applications, V3
Additional resources for A Guide to Computer Network Security
Also, a LAN is usually owned by an individual or a single entity such as an organization. 3 Committee on LAN Standardization, a LAN must be a moderately sized and geographically shared peer-to-peer communication network broadcasting information for all on the network to hear via a common physical medium on a point-to-point basis with no intermediate switching element required. 2, and the fiber distributed data interface (FDDI). 3 Committee on Standards. 3 standards define the medium access control (MAC) layer and the physical layer.
The fibers are protected by a glass or plastic coating called a cladding. The cladding, though made up of the same materials as the core, has different properties that give it the capacity to reflect back the core rays that tangentially hit on it. The cladding itself is encased in a plastic jacket. The jacket protects the inner fiber from external abuses such as bending and abrasions. Optical fiber cables transmit data signals by first converting them into light signals. The transmitted light is emitted at the source from either a light emitting Core Cladding Inner conductor Outer sheath .
To ensure that the network has a reliably fast transit time, a fixed maximum length of time is allowed for each packet. Packet switching networks suffer from a few problems, including the following: • The rate of transmission of a packet between two switching elements depends on the maximum rate of transmission of the link joining them and on the switches themselves. • Momentary delays are always introduced whenever the switch is waiting for a full packet. The longer the packet, the longer the delay.
A Guide to Computer Network Security by Joseph Migga Kizza (auth.), Joseph Migga Kizza (eds.)